Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gary's Moment of Wisdom

So for the last week or so Gary has been on the hunt for his snowboarding/biking helmet that my sis in law borrowed. We knew she returned it but we just couldn't find it. We actually couldn't even remember if we brought it home from his parents, where the his sister had dropped it off for us. So he called everyone...no one knew where it was. Finally, on Saturday, I thought about it for a second. I bet it was where it should be, put away, in its spot.

Me: "Gary, did you check in the laundry room, up on top of the shelves?"
Gary: "I've checked there a thousand times, it's not there!!!" (Said with obvious disdain for my silly suggestion!)
Me: "Okay". (Said with obvious disinterest since it was his helmet, therefore, his problem!)

Fast forward two hours-

Scene: Gary enters the living room and looks at me as I nurse our son. He has in his hand the infamous helmet!

Gary: "Guess where it was?"
Me: "In the laundry room?"
Gary: "YES!" "I just don't know why I can't listen to you!"

Let me repeat that for you, "I just don't know why I CAN'T listen to you". Not WON'T listen to you, not DON'T listen to you, but CAN'T. Like he is biologically predisposed to not being able to listen to my obviously awesome suggestions.

What a dillyhole!

So folks out there whose men won't listen to...Gary's moment of wisom should explain it all...they just can't! I'm sure they want to and I know if they did their lives would be better...but they just can't.

Love him and all of his dillyhole-ness! Here's to hoping Hudson did not inherit his dad's inability to listen to me.


Plymouth Rock

And just because I love this picture:

Duxbury Beach, Massachusetts

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. This happens to us too, I usually know where most everything is, but Alan has a hard time seeing it, especially if it is right in front of him. But I don't think I have ever called him a "dillyhole".
    Hudson is ridiculously cute!
    Do you know what pics you want edited???? I want to try some new things.

    ReplyDelete