Thursday, January 13, 2011

Time flies

Time is just flying by. The first trimester of this pregnancy seemed to eek by. We found out at 6 weeks but wanted to wait until we heard the heartbeat to share the news. We heard his little wooshwooshing at 10 weeks. Those were the 4 hardest weeks so far. Not in terms of sickness or physical things (although I did get yucky tummy if I didn't eat, so you guessed it, I just ate). It was hard because we were nervous. Would his little heart be ticking? Would we miscarry? Would this happen or would that happen? We just had to learn to stop worrying.




Then the second trimester...easy peasy. Started a new job (which is fantabulous), felt great, started showing (yay for belly bumps), started dreaming about what it would be like to have a baby. Except for the nasty acne that cropped up, and the occasional hip cramp/back ache, I felt better than ever. We started marking time by the upcoming holidays...we knew Halloween would come, followed quickly by Turkey Day, and then in no time Christmas. After that, only 2 more months!!



Then on NYE, my lovely sister-in-law Keara took some maternity pics of us at our house and at the park where we got married. Those that you are looking at now. She was AWESOME! And it was COLD! Like 35 degrees cold. Which for Gary in his jeans and sweater was fine (even though he complained, "I'm so cold", the whole time). For me, in my skirt and short sleeved top, not to mention the pulling up of the shirt, it was icy! But still so fun.




Now this baby is right around the corner. Just over 5 weeks until my due date, Feb. 20th. Which means no more than just over 7 weeks until baby is here since our midwives will let us go 2 weeks over due before inducing. 5-7 weeks at most. That's if baby doesn't come early. Freak out anyone?! Last week I had my family pick out due dates, baby sizes, etc. The average: 2/19 DOB, 7 1/2 lbs, and 19 inches long. We shall see. Feel free to place your bets in the comments box:)

We are really excited. The nursery is just about done, it just needs some decorations on the walls and a fan and lights and such.



As for funny Gary moments, I have this one to share from last night:
Scene- Gary rubbing and smooching my belly
Gary: "Hey there little guy." "How's it going in there?" "I can't wait to meet you." "I am going to love the crap out of you Ferris!"

Now you might be asking yourself, why is this funny or weird at all? That's really sweet.

Well, we are not naming our son Ferris. That is our dog's name. Yep, our dog.

The best part...it took a solid 15 seconds of me laughing for him to realize what he said. Then he laughed. Then he said, in all seriousness, "Well, I am going to love him as much as I love that dog!". Let's all hope paternal instincts kick in a bit more and the baby gets a little more love, I mean, just a little!




XOXO

5 comments:

  1. I love you Kimy! It's be nice to be there for the baby, then we could do some fun newbrn shots. I guess you just have to some here. ;0)

    LOve ya tons and tons.

    Keara
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's be nice if I could type too. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keara, you crack me up! Gary says you are awesome, he just saw the new ones you sent me! We can't wait for more. Love the typing by the way:)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are great! Thanks for sharing your experience...it feels nice to still be a part of it. I predict the baby's birthday to be 2/22. A 7 pounder! Good luck in the coming weeks. Oh, and the Ferris thing had me laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photographs! Glad you are keeping an online record so I get to join in on the fun from afar. Have fun in these last few weeks (:

    ReplyDelete