Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lil' Update

On Friday, I returned to the midwife (after that oh, so, magical appt on Tuesday) and had some good news: lost 4 lbs (peed out that water weight), no protein in pee, bloodwork looked better than normal for even a non-hypertensive woman, baby still kicking, head down, 70% effaced, fingertip dilated, and feeling good:)

Bad news: blood pressure is still high. What does that mean? Well, basically I have gestational hypertension and they will watch my BP very closely. It also means I got put on a reduced in-office work schedule. They said no more than 4 hours in office and then pretty much sit or lay my butt on the couch. My wonderful and supportive bosses said, go ahead and just work from home (unless a meeting requires my attention). That's great!!!

It also means that all that nesting that I want to do- (you know, clean, organize, clean) I can't do. Nope, just couch and computer time for me. My lovely mother came over on Saturday and did laundry, cleaned floors, emptied trash, etc, etc, etc. Thanks Mommy! Gary is finishing a few things as we speak (e.g. installing a utility sink in the laundry room- a must for the hopefully cloth diapering parents we are going to be).

I did get our new wireless printer hooked up, that will make working from home much nicer. And my hospital bag is packed, so we are almost good to go. Whenever "go" decides to happen!

Well, I go back tomorrow for another BP check, so we shall see. They want baby to come sooner rather than later, but aren't talking induction yet:) I also made Gary watch 3 births today. 1 water birth, 1 squatting, and 1 standing. He is totally freaked that I have to do that. Who wants to take bets as to whether or not he passes out?!

Oh My Stinkin' Goodness...we are having a baby people, a baby, a little human. Pheeeewwwww, had to get that out.

Any-whose-a-whats-it, here are two 37 week pictures for you all to enjoy.

You like my hair, I know you do.


Shiny, round, basketball belly for you all to enjoy.


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment