Monday, September 27, 2010

Baby Boy Barnes

So, for those who read this, and more importantly, for me to have a nice journal-like memory, our little baby is a boy!! 19 weeks yesterday. The ultrasound was so awesome. Watching him, our little baby, twist and wiggle. I kept thinking of the line, "he's a real boy". It was so funny when Gary first saw it was a boy, he exclaimed, "there's his weiner!". And then proceeded to ask how old he needed to be before we could take him snowboarding. The wonderful ultrasound tech replied, "well, maybe wait until he's born at least". Great advice, let me tell you!

Everything looks healthy so far. 2 arms, 2 legs, heart, kidneys, bladder, stomach, brain. He was really curled up so she couldn't get all the measurements she wanted. He is only in the 20th percentile for size, but that is okay! See the pics below to see how curled up he was, so cute!

I probably need to gain some more weight since my wonderful midwife actually gave me permission! Not that I needed any, I have been trying, it just isn't sticking. I know, whine whine whine. But I want to be healthy for me and for baby boy Barnes. I don't want him to be a unhealthy small and I don't want to lose nutrients either. So, I am beefing up my good fats, my proteins, and splurging a bit here and there too (ice cream in my smoothie anyone?!). Not too much mind you, just trying to increase my intake by a couple hundred calories. I think all will be well and I am sure I will be putting it on like crazy without trying soon enough!

By the way, Gary and I just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary and have so much to be thankful for in this last year. Big shout out to Carlos for the awesome wedding video...seriously it rocked. I might get it posted one of these days, but for now, just know, it really was awesome.

Here are a few ultrasound pics, not the best scanning on my part, but here they are nonetheless!



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment