Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Heart Sings

So, I am usually all for sharing everything...see most of my previous posts for confirmation. But- I do like to keep some things to myself, usually those are the really sweet things Gary says to me. I hold them close and am totally greedy with them. Well I am going to share one because it made me giddy...

Last night while laying in bed, Gary snuggles close, hand on my belly. I am getting really sleepy and he isn't so I know he's going to snuggle me until I fall asleep and then leave to go watch TV or putter around the house. Through my drowsy induced, almost there slumber, he whispers..."Our baby's heart sings because we are in love and the baby can feel that, I love you."

He kissed me and then snuck out of bed. I swear, not 1 minute later, I think (think begin the key word), I felt a little flutter. Kind of like a tiny delicate zipper being zipped. Maybe it was the baby, maybe it was gas, but I am going with baby. He/She was agreeing with Gary. So do I by the way.

It's moments like that when it's easy to forget all the worries, will my baby be healthy?, will he/she be strong?, will we be good parents?

Instead I think...we love this baby exaclty how he/she is...strong/weak, healthy/sick...no matter what. And I know, you can't raise a baby on love alone, but it's one heck of a start.

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. This is so great, Kim and Gary. So proud of you! You will both be amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to cry, you guys are so cute. Extremely happy for you guys. Don't worry about what could go wrong, Gavin has a cleft pallet which means lots of surgeries, speech therapy, trouble eating, and many more things; my mom told me God blesses us with children he knows we can take care of...you and Gary can handle anything and will love your son/daughter more than anything which means more than any material thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle-
    You are so so right! Thanks for the reminder. Gavin is a lucky and blessed boy just like his parents. We need to set up a lunch or dinner date soon. Miss and love you!!

    ReplyDelete